Communication is the invisible thread that bonds humanity. Expressions and language help us to connect with each other in meaningful ways.

Monday, April 11, 2011

A Life of Passion and Purpose

When I think of how I want to shape my life; how I want to feel when I get out of bed every morning; how I want to feel as I engage with people and what I do each day; the words Passion and Purpose color what I see, what I feel, what I live. It hasn't always been like that. I have lost my way more than once, and sometimes for long periods of time. Living a life of immersion even if it marginalizes, is the most tantalizing concept I have discovered. For ones life to become a total and complete expression of that which springs from ones core, from ones heart is the pinnacle of accomplishment. How it takes shape is the magic of working with what you have. Start where you are. The beauty of the process is that the truth of your undertaking is self evident. When what you are doing feels right, when you can see the results in the lives that you have lifted up, in the communities you have enriched, that is the reward.

"When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms.

When it's over, I don't want to wonder
if I have made of my life something particular, and real.
I don't want to find myself sighing and frightened,
or full of argument.

I don't want to end up simply having visited this world." Poet Mary Oliver from When Death Comes

Let me write my epitaph on the hearts of the people I touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment