Communication is the invisible thread that bonds humanity. Expressions and language help us to connect with each other in meaningful ways.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What Dreams May Come

In all truth, most of my dreams have come true. An interesting thing about dreams and reality is that, for me, there is a place where they meet. There is a place where the dynamic potential that is life finds full expression in the dream/reality marriage. It is that place that fascinates me. Even as I realize dreams, new ones form. New possibilities take hold and I have no choice but to create. It is an imperative for me. I really have very little attachment for a dream lived to its natural end once that end is reached. The dynamics of one door closing and another one opening just draws me forward. Once in awhile I get an opportunity to visit one of those doors that has closed in my past and I wonder, briefly, what it might have been like to walk through that door. The interesting thing about life is that it is time and direction linear. I can't exist in multiple times and I can't choose everything. If everything is important, than nothing is important. I am at peace with my choices and I love my life. I guess in the end it is what I write on the hearts of others that will be my testimony to the choices I made.

I have about twenty something years left before I die. It's a count down. What will I do with those twenty something years? How many lives can I positively impact and how many doors will open and close? God only knows. And that is the way it should be.

"For all of the peoples and the nations of the earth, may not even the names disease, famine, war, and suffering be heard, but rather may their moral conduct, merit, wealth and prosperity increase and may supreme good fortune and well being always arise for them."

That is my ultimate dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment