Communication is the invisible thread that bonds humanity. Expressions and language help us to connect with each other in meaningful ways.

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Love Comes Into Our Lives in Many Different Ways


Love comes into our lives in many different ways.  Twenty two years ago love came into my life wrapped in a 5lb 11oz bundle of bright eyed wonder.  Born under water, this little being didn't seem to be in any anguish or distress, but instead seemed amazed that this new world of light was still so wet and warm.  Like a small creature coming out of the primordial sea, the mid wife placed this Aquarian born child in my arms and it was love at first sight on my part.  I had spent nine months preparing for her arrival, and yet, once she was in my arms it was life by the seat of my pants for awhile.  Nothing has ever been the same, and I wouldn't have it any other way.  Someone said to me once, "a child passes through your life and disappears into adulthood."  It is so true, and yet in that act of passing through my life there is a sparkling trail of memories that light up my heart, like diamonds of sunlight dancing on the wake of a boat.  To have had the opportunity to have loved so deeply, so purely, and so totally was truly a blessing.  At twenty two, she is beautiful, as she stands on the threshold of her adult life.  There is promise and optimism, there is life and enthusiasm, and most importantly there is love and laughter.  I am eternally grateful for this gift that has taken twenty two years to fully unwrap.  I love her for having blessed my life so completely, but I love her more for what she is becoming.  Celebrating Mother's Day helps me to stop, and pause, and reflect on the blessings that motherhood has brought to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment